The Solidor Tower, completed in 1392, was built to defend the entrance to the Rance Estuary by John IV, Duke of Brittany at a time when the town of St Malo would not submit to his rule. Made redundant by warships, it was later used as a gaol. It now houses the Cape Horn Sailors museum.
- Taken: on 15 October 2007
- Nearest place: Saint-Servan
- Places to stay around Saint-Malo
- OnlineWales Internet Ltd © 2007