- Viersat Holiday Home
- Sleeps 1 to 8, 3 bedrooms
- £200 to £350 per week
La Grange farmhouse was traditionally renovated in 2004/2005. The property is well located. We are situated in the heart of the countryside but the large town of Montlucon can be reached in 15 minutes by car. In 2010 Satellite TV has been installed and all Freeview UK TV can be received. There is also a DVD player.
If you do not receive a response from an e-mail form enquiry within 24 hours please contact me on my number stated in contact details section, as e-mails can go astray, thanks.
Montlucon provides a good selection of shops, supermarkets and restaurants and there is a castle situated in the old part of the town.
The view from the front of the property is across rolling hills and fields. There is a vast amount of Flora and Fauna in the immediate area including many birds of prey, deer and wild boar.
La Creuse is becoming more popular for holiday makers but still remains unspoilt. Some of the attractions include the town of Aubusson, famous for its tapestries. Many chateaux, churches and interesting bridges are in close proximity. If you are looking to buy a property in La Creuse this would be a good base for house hunting. There are also endless farm tracks and forests to be explored on foot or by mountain bike. The nearby town of Evaux les Bains is famous for its spa and there is also a casino there.
Although we are situated in La Creuse, its only a few kilometres from the Auvergne border which also has many attractions including the town Clermont Ferrand built on an extinct volcano. Its famous Gothic cathedral is very impressive.
The property itself is situated in a small hamlet of about 12 homes in the commune of Viersat. It is completely detached and has its own private rear garden with garden furniture and a barbecue.
There is parking for several cars and indoor parking for motorcycles.
Inside the property there are three bedrooms upstairs: a double and a twin both with a window to the rear overlooking fields and forests. To the front there is a room with bunk beds suitable for children. The shower room is also upstairs, with toilet and washbasin.
The entrance downstairs leads into the main lounge dining area, equipped with TV/DVD and CD Player. There is a log fire should you choose to stay in the winter months.
The kitchen is also well equipped. The bathroom is situated off the hall way downstairs with a bath, toilet and washbasin.
There are four mountain bikes available for hire.
Lovely stay, best house in France. Thanks for letting us share your lovely gite, Hope to be back to see you again. Found some nice places of interest. It was nice meeting Rob and his family, most friendly people. Bob and Margaret Aug 4th 2007
We enjoyed the Gite, we are on a working holiday and so have spent little time here. This is the cleanest Gite we have ever stayed in. Sandra and Tony 16th May 2007
Lovely relaxing holiday. Good food and wine. Great walks. Gite cosy and relaxing. Puy de Dome worth a visit. Mike and Sue 6th Oct 2007
We all had a relaxing (almost too relaxing) holiday. Lovely walks in the area and a lovely bread from the van in Viersat. Very clean comfortable Gite. Saw the wolves in Gueret, well worth seeing, thanks for a great stay :) Loz, Wendy, Beccy and Ginnie 27th Oct 2007.
We have had a relaxing and enjoyable week greatly helped by Robert's advice about places to see and restaurants for good meals. We especially enjoyed the Coq d'Or. Food delicious and staff friendly. We have been coming to France for 30 years and have rented over 25 Gites and this is definitely one of the very best. It's roomy,and tastefully and superbly renovated. Everything has been thought of and we would definitely recommend it as a marvellous base to explore the area. It's comfortable and welcoming, and though it was cold most days with some crisp frosts the gite was warm and the fire is easy to manage. John and Molly 3rd Nov 2007.
There are several restaurants in nearby Montlucon offering both French and foreign cuisine. There is creperie in Evaux les Bains and a gambling casino which also has a restaurant.
Booking terms and conditions
La Grange, 6 Puy Japin, Viersat, 23170, France
Tel. 07971 834337
Owner: Mr Robert Shaw
Any reference to either 'us' or 'we' in these Booking Conditions refers to The Cottage Owners. "you" or "your" are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. So that you understand the basis of the contract between you and us when you book your accommodation, we have laid out as clearly as possible, the conditions on which your booking is made. Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
1. Your booking: You must be at least 18 years old when you book your accommodation. Your booking is made as a consumer and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you. When we issue our written confirmation to you we enter into a contract with you, the party leader, which is subject to these Booking Conditions. Any disputes or queries will be between the party leader and the owner. The party leader will assume responsibility for the whole party and the compliance with these rules of all party members. We have the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation, and if we do this we will tell you in writing and promptly refund any money you have paid us. When your confirmation is received, the details must be checked carefully. If anything is not correct you should tell us immediately.
2. Paying for your accommodation: A deposit of 50 % of the booking price is payable by cheque at the time of booking. At this point your booking becomes binding and we will issue a letter or e-mail to confirm receipt of payment. The balance of the booking cost must be received by us no later than 8 weeks prior your arrival date. If you book less than 8 weeks before the arrival date, payment of the total cost is due straightaway. If your bank returns your payment to us unpaid, we reserve the right to make an administration charge of £25.
3. Linen and towels: Pillows, blankets/duvets are provided. If you require bed linen (sheets and pillow cases/duvet covers) there is a charge of £8 per week per bed. One set per week. Towels are also available (bath towels, hand towels ) at a charge of £6 per person per week. (2 sets per week) If either towels or linen are required by you, we need payment for this when the balance is paid. To assist us in knowing which items you require please enclose a note stating items and quantity.
4. Cancellation of booking by you: If you need to cancel your booking you must contact the Owners as soon as possible in writing. The booking deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. However we will make every effort to re-let the property once formal cancellation has been received and if we are able to re-let at the same price the balance will be refunded to you. If we are only able to re-let at a reduced price (with your approval) the reduced balance will be refunded. If we are unable to re-let the full balance will remain payable by you. We STRONGLY RECOMMEND you to take out guest cancellation insurance against cancellation due to ill-health, bereavement etc as the above refund terms are non-negotiable.
4a Changing the date of a booking; Your booking may not be normally moved from one date to another once made except at the discretion of the owners. If you wish to change the booking date you will have to cancel the original booking and the normal cancellation policy will prevail regardless of any subsequent booking made.
5. Cancellation of booking by us: If we have to cancel your booking in advance for any reason you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation will be payable.
6. Damage to property: You are responsible to the Owner for the actual costs of any breakage or damage in or to the accommodation - along with any additional costs that may result - which are caused by you or your party. These costs will be charged to you.
7. Accidents, injury and personal property: The Owners shall have no liability to you for the death or personal injury to you or any member of your party. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property.
8. Electricity and Firewood: Electricity is metered at the standard EDF rate. 8 kwph per day are included in the rental cost. Any electricity over this amount will be charged to you at the end of your stay. This must be paid on the day of departure. The electricity meter is situated in the barn on the right. Firewood is available at £15 per half a cubic metre per week.
9. Advertisements on the web: The owners aim to ensure that the information and descriptions provided are accurately conveyed on the owner's official online advertisement and any authorized third-party advertisements. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and its description as we are always seeking to improve services and facilities There are many unauthorised online holiday cottage advertisements. We cannot accept responsibility for the descriptions by these. Occasionally problems mean that some facilities or services become unavailable, and if this is the case we will tell you as soon as reasonably practical after we have been made aware of the situation. Similarly, we cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local area amenities or attractions mentioned.
10. During your stay: You can arrive at your accommodation after 4pm on the start date of your holiday and you must leave by 10am on the last day. The Owner is entitled to refuse to hand over to you or to repossess the accommodation if they reasonably believe that any damage is likely to be caused by you or your party or can repossess the accommodation if damage has been caused. You cannot allow more people than you have booked to stay in the accommodation nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during the duration of your stay in the accommodation nor can you take your pet into the accommodation unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so the Owner can refuse to hand over the accommodation to you or can repossess it. You may not carry out any form of trade or business from the property, nor may you sub-let any part of the buildings. The property is in a quiet residential area, you must pay due consideration to the neighbours and avoid late-night noise, particularly outside. We will treat contravention of any of these rules as a cancellation by you and Section 4 will apply. You must allow the Owner or any representative of the Owner access at any reasonable time during your stay.
11. Cleaning on departure: There is a standard cleaning charge of £35. This charge is the same for a holiday of one week or longer. Weekend pricing includes cleaning. Although there is a standard cleaning charge the following level of cleanliness is expected. Crockery and cutlery washed, dried and put away. Cooker, oven and any kitchen surfaces fat free. barbecue Clean and fat free. Bin emptied and rubbish put into wheelie bin. Recycling placed in relevant outbuilding. Any obvious spills or stains removed. Any mess from dogs to be cleaned and removed from the garden. If the cleaning required is beyond normal expectations we reserve the right to make an additional charge.
12. Problems and Complaints: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday and to date we have had no serious complaints or problems. If however, you have any problem or cause for complaint it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom.
Viersat holiday home
6 Puy Japin